One warm spring day in our neighborhood

My little girl and the red poppies

Butterfly

Spring is a wonderful time here in Holland. Towards the end of the season when the daffodils and tulips have bidden their curtain calls, it is the turn of the poppies, dandelions and daisies to take center stage.

The little flower picker

I love it in our neighborhood. We have this long stretch of green area which becomes blanketed by red poppies, yellow dandelions and white daisies beginning late spring and way into the summer. My daughter who loves picking flowers just enjoy the amazing spread in front of her.

Yellow dandelion

Father and daughter

My family

I love photography and in spring that passion is ignited to fever pitch. There are just so many subjects to indulge into…from flowers to insects and most of all, my lovely little girl ;-).

Red poppies

A green insect

Dandelion

Pink blooms

More pictures:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

47 Responses to One warm spring day in our neighborhood

1. jane says:

Gorgeous pictures!! I can’t wait for spring, unfortunately we are still dealing with snow here! :)

• Thanks a lot, Jane. I can hardly wait for spring to start. We didn’t see any snow this winter so this drag of snowless winter is getting too much already.

I’m jealous of the snow you have there. My daughter is also sad that there’s no snow or ice this time. She’d love to really do all cool things in snow and ice ;-).

2. Hi there, and thank you for stopping by my blog! I’m loving looking through your blog and am happy to know about you. Your images are lovely and your subjects diverse. I look forward to reading more posts. Cheers!

• Your enchiladas captured my interest. That’s something that we don’t do here in Holland so I’m going to try your recipe one of these days. I’m glad that you stopped over to check my blogs which revolve around food, family and travel.

3. Dor says:

Lovely – your little girl and all the flowers. You have an eye for beauty.

4. Beautiful photos and a beautiful family!

5. Your daughter is so lovely!

6. You have a lovely, beautiful family Malou! God bless you! And the pictures are awesome too! Spring is my favourite season of the year and I also love being in the nature. I can’t wait to explore your blog! Thank for stopping by and liking my post!

7. JustJohn says:

Malou:

Your pictures make me want to grab a camera and capture some of the beauty that surrounds us. I wish I had your eye for composition, but we all do the best we can.

Thank you for sharing a beautiful spring day.

8. Lovely photos! You have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! See this post for more information. http://kkhphotos.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/the-versatile-blogger-award-you-like-me-you-really-like-me/

9. Vic Rana says:

Nice pics, your daughter is so pretty.

10. OH, sigh. Super-duper pics. Lovely, lovely!!

11. Beautiful pictures! I can’t believe it’s spring over there! We are freezing here in New York with temperatures around 28°F/-2°C.

No flowers unless you want to buy them. And I think that the tulips are from the Netherlands!

• These pictures were taken last year in late spring. Our winter this year is the warmest ever…the temperature did not drop to freezing level so we haven’t seen any snow so far and the medium term forecast doesn’t show that coming either.

Spring seems to be about to start already here. The crocuses are already coming out and some trees are already blooming. Global warming has hit us ;-)

• Global warming for sure. I can’t understand politicians who say it doesn’t exist. When summers are freezing cold, and leaves are budding in January, it kind of seems a little obvious to me ;-)

12. Malou, these photos are beautiful and a wonderful sight to behold after looking out my window at snow. I am anxiously awaiting spring already. :-)

13. These are great pictures! And your little girl is gorgeous =)

14. lykkeholm says:

gorgeous little girl!

15. Jenny Trozell says:

Wonderful pictures and what an adorable little girl :-)

16. She is BEAUTIFUL… What an adorable family!!!

17. Gorgeous family and I love the red poppies! Makes me long for spring and for traveling back to Europe again. :)

18. Ksu says:

lovely pictures! your princes looks amazing!

19. KindFoodFarm says:

Lovely, lovely setting and what a sweet little girl. She’s going to be a knockout one day!

20. So beautiful, you are Blessed!

21. redeyefamily says:

One of my best memories is of a spring in Amsterdam. I was fortunate to be there during the tulip festival that occurs once every ten years. You can’t beat spring in the Netherlands!

22. Tara says:

Such beautiful photos!

23. I ADORE red poppies. And that picture of your daughter – the third one (the first, too) is FANTASTIC!!! So reminiscent of Monet. fantastic!!!

Thanks a lot, Gretchen. This area really transforms into a mini-Monet garden when the poppies, daisies, dandelions and other wild flowers all pop up and bloom profusely. My simple pleasure consists of having this photo shoot with my daughter who loves picking up flowers and having a little picnic. Very cheap but fun!