One of my enchanted moments…a picnic in the park

One enchanted corner in the park

Picnic by the water

Father and daughter - my favorite subject

Our happiness as a family consists of simple enchanted moments of togetherness… a walk in the forest, a picnic in the park, a visit to a nearby castle or simple flower picking and blowing bubbles by the little girl in the neighborhood.

One warm and sunny day in late spring last year, we went for a picnic in nearby Groeneveld Castle. The castle itself was under renovation but its sprawling wooded park has remained open to the public. I love it there in late spring because the park was by then very green and the decades-old rhododendrons of all colors everywhere were in full bloom.

My daughter and me

Simple pleasure like playing with grass

We found a nice spot close to the water and under the shade of tall trees which was just perfect for a picnic. We brought a thermo of hot coffee, sandwiches, cookies, cola and apples. Now, who says fun should be expensive?

My little girl was animated by the amazing setting. My husband and I couldn’t suppress the sudden rush of childhood memories as we watched her doing all the things that we did as kids.

Tree climbing

I can’t wait for the time when the weather will warm up again to go back to this same place and re-trace our steps from last year.

My little girl

50 Responses to One of my enchanted moments…a picnic in the park

1. jane says:

I love this! And you are right, that area is sooo green and gorgeous! Life is about cherishing those simple moments together. So precious!

2. bhamgirl says:

I love all the seasons but your pictures make me long for spring….so beautiful!

3. Tracy says:

What a beautiful picnic spot! Your daughter is precious!

4. KindFoodFarm says:

Gorgeous photos, and what a beautiful little girl. Thanks for sharing.

5. Dor says:

What a wonderful spot to spend time with your lovely family! And as always, you have an eye for taking mesmerizing photographs!

6. moreplants says:

What a lovely day. :)

7. Green with envy. I need a breather! Thanks for the push. As always, lovely shots!

8. What lovely pictures! Can’t beat a sweet and carefree picnic in the park. :)

9. Oh… I thought those were just the loveliest of photos.. especially the expression on your daughter’s face in the last one… so sweet:)

10. Vic Rana says:

Hi Malou,

Beautiful pics again.

You’re right. Such simple things are full of joy and don’t cost much. These can be enjoyed anywhere, all we need is to take some time out with the family more often.

Thanks,

Vic

• Thanks a lot, Vic. It is up to us to create these enchanted moments and it can be anywhere. I know of people who have access to the same places where I go with my family but have never been here.

11. arjungabriel says:

Hey Malou,
    Lovely pics. It is lovely and refreshing to everybody’s eyesight. Your daughter is very cute.
    Thanks for your post.

12. What a beautiful, special place! I’m ready for Spring!!

13. Beautiful pictures!!!

14. Anastasia says:

Beautiful photos! Your little girl is a cutey!!!!

15. bokkielle says:

Lovely photos, Malou! I’m from Holland and looking forward to seeing more beautiful photos :-)
    You have a great eye!

16. BigSkyKen says:

The beauty of the place is nothing compared to that of your daughter! She is a doll!

17. Anne says:

Wow! Absolutely breath-taking. Your blog – the pictures…stunning. From Central Missouri, USA…Have a great day!

18. Gorgeous images and it makes me so look forward to spring, here in the dead of winter. :)

19. Beautiful pictures, beautiful family!

20. PJ Parsons says:

Such a beautiful family — and those little ones grow up so fast! Cherish every moment…I think I’ll send my 22-year old son an email now! Cheers, P.

21. ellyvegas1 says:

I love picnics and your photos are very inspiring! Even though it’s not too cold here, it needs to be just a bit warmer for a picnic, but can’t wait til spring. Your daughter is adorable :)

• Thanks a lot, Elly. Picnics are fun especially when you are together as a family. I too, can’t wait for spring. We’re having a very lousy winter with more rain and not a single day of snow.

22. Beautiful photos, I love those red poppies. You are very lucky to have such a good looking family as subject matter too :)

23. Marilyn says:

So lovely – I remember long ago when our kids were little and we were living in Egypt – we took a picnic to the Pyramids and my husband looked at me and said – “Picnics can be taken anywhere in the world!” It’s a great motto to live by – a cheap and amazing way to bring kids enchantment.
    Thanks for coming by my blog today!

Your husband is right, picnic can be taken anywhere in the world. Years from now, you will look back at this experience with a smile in your face at the memory of such a splendid setting for a picnic.