Spring blooms and morning dews (April 2010)

There is nothing that I love more on an early spring morning than the lovely sight of spring blooms laden with morning dews. The sight of flowers glistening from those morning dews that seem like countless diamonds is simply breathtaking. I feel like the world has been renewed, refreshed and reinvigorated. I cannot help but look up in the sky and thank the One above for this wonderful day.

114 Responses to Spring blooms and morning dews (April 2010)

1. Such magnificent photos!

2. elfinwild says:

YOU are a girl after my own heart! I love your photos and the beauty you find.

3. djrovano says:

Beautiful photos.

4. Cee Neuner says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

5. chersdream says:

Gorgeous photo’s! Thank you for sharing. Extraordinary.

6. Rneats (MyLifeWhileShopping) says:

You are such a talented photographer. I love your eye for the beauty of nature. Magnificent! Thanks for brightening my dreary Chicago day!

7. Susan Hamel says:

Wonderful photos! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am joining yours too, and will stop back by as often as I can.

8. Giaskyler says:

So beautiful! What kind of lenses are you using?

9. simplicitymaven says:

Malou,
    I love viewing your photos. We don’t have 4 seasons here and I miss seeing the changes of spring and fall… not the crazy weather but the flow of one season into another. Thank you for making my day.

I came from the tropics and didn’t have the 4 seasons there but I love the warm weather the whole year round. I came to love the 4 seasons here too, though I always need to get used to the cold even after so many years here. ;-)

10. nexi says:

These are wonderful photos – some of the best macro shots I have seen.

11. trailblazer1 says:

Who can know the mind of God . . . what magnificent photos of what He’s given us to enjoy. I would also like to know what settings you used for the dewy ones. Thanks for visiting me, now following you.

When I see this beauty around, I am assured of God’s presence and love.

I normally used the “Sports” setting especially when there is a bit of movement from the wind and other factors.

12. maisonmaria says:

Beautiful photos, out of this world!

13. Wonderful pictures. What is the lens specification? each dew drop is captured meticulously. It’s true that one cannot help but look up in the sky and thank the One above for such a wonderful day. And you have captured that very nicely.

14. svenoblivion says:

GORGEOUS stills.
    thank you for the follow on my blog :)

– s

15. RitaJuanita says:

Some unique and absolutely stunning shots there! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

16. motherwit says:

Thanks for following my blog. I am so glad I visited yours! These flower pictures are breathtaking.

17. You are quite talented.

18. wow. those are incredible

19. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your pictures! Incredible detail.

20. ashkitty says:

oh the dew drops make such a lovely lace on the flowers and leaves…awesome shots

21. SR Dryja says:

Every photo made me smile! What wonders and tenderness to be found in tiny drops of dew, curious bees, and brightly colored flowers!

22. mysending says:

absolutely stunning! Thank you!

23. janinevasta says:

I love dew. I remember writing a poem about it when I was 7! Thank you so much for making me remember that.

Glad to know that these dew pictures evoked memories of that poem which must be so pure and beautiful written from the heart by a 7-year old. ;-)

24. Thanks. I needed those pictures tonight….

25. Namita Lad says:

i liked the one with blue background the most

26. Malou, these pictures are glorious.

27. Roopaushree says:

When I am short of words to describe beauty..I say WOW!!!!

28. Sarah says:

Wow! Beautiful!!!

29. Java Girl says:

Reinvigorating. I love that word. I love dew in the morning to. You can feel it in the air and the beginning of a new day. Love your photos! Hope you are doing well! :D

30. Gorgeous photos, Malou!

31. thinkactlive says:

Magnificent!

32. Maggie L R says:

These photos are so delicate, so soft and wonderful, they are magical. It is as if each flower is laced in dew with perfection. Absolutely great captures. Well done.

33. Stunning photos as always. A real pleasure to see.

34. Hi malou.. :)
    thanks for following… Loved your flowers with all its moisture… ;)

35. ~mimo~ says:

so fresh and pretty!

36. I love spring! It’s when the world wakes up from its long winter slumber and shows us how truly marvelous and beautiful nature is.

37. spongyroj30 says:

Lovely photos Malou! I can really feel the coolness of the dew from your images. Just the right temperature. BTW I’ve discovered your blog from your likes from some of my posts (thanks for that!)

38. those pictures are incredible! I love the way you managed to capture the dew in all its glory! more beatiful than any jewel :-)

39. Kam says:

Who cannot like this? Mesmerizing stuff.

40. niasunset says:

Oh my dear, these are like a heaven… So beautiful, so beautiful. How amazing nature world, these drops like a lace of the flowers… You did a great set, fascinated me. Thank you dear Malou, Blessing and Happiness, with my love, nia

41. Pingback: Like A Heaven (Photographs By Malouprestado) « photographyofnia

42. Letizia says:

Beautiful pictures as always! :)

43. 3rdCultureChildren says:

Hey There! You’ve got a beautiful and very interesting blog over here! I love when people share their life experiences and lessons learned! Thank you so much for coming by my blog, and subscribing to it! Hope you find interesting reading and images/photos from our travels!
    Warm regards from Recife, Brazil,

44. Michi says:

Loving this time of year!!

45. Beautiful images Malou! A camera causes one to look more closely at thing that may normally be missed and the result is spectacular!

My favorite close up’s so fare – stunning photo’s and love the apple blooms … my spring has come early this year. Fantastic! Thanks!

47. These shots are gorgeous!!!! Makes me have spring fever.

48. gkm2011 says:

I was just thinking that I needed to take some photos of the trees budding here in Shanghai. Amazing that your spring flowers are farther along than ours! Happy Woman’s Day!

49. Travelbunny says:

So much lovelyness on your blog :)

50. Madhu says:

Just beautiful!

51. Peaceful . . . little water kisses upon nature . . . they deserve it.

52. Very beautiful pictures!!

53. Ray says:

Wonderful early morning pictures!

54. cococita says:

The magic of natural beauty! Thank you for sharing this little miracles of nature and for following my blog! Warm greetings from a Belgian woman and wishing you a lovely weekend!

55. orchidmiami says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Its amazing what the lens of a camera catches better than your own eyes. Amazing natural beauty.

56. coolmama72 says:

So pretty!!!!!!! How early did you have to get out to get that dew? Our dew is gone by the time I get outside these days. :)

57. sweetmeow says:

These photos are magnificent! I, too, love droplets on leaves, whether left by rain or morning dew, they are gorgeous!

58. Stunning images. You are so gifted:)

59. Vivian K says:

I’m so glad you started following me, primarily, because it helped me find you back! This is beautiful, and I’m looking forward to your inspired musings and photography!

60. Absolutely beautiful pictures!! I love the water drops :)

61. mehmudah says:

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

62. mehmudah says:

by the way what camera and lens are you using? Seriously breath taking photos!!!

63. Those photos are incredible!

64. Amazingly beautiful. God has created worlds we never even see until someone like you, Malou opens our eyes. Thank you!
    Joy

65. Ambre Falls says:

These are really beautiful!

66. Wow so beautiful, the dew really does look like diamonds!

Congrats on your 7×7 blog award!
    Preena

67. These are such beautiful photos. I love that you can capture so much detail with the camera!

68. Katrina says:

your photos are amazing!!! I LOVE>

69. wollypark says:

i thought i could smell lovely flower perfume…super pic

70. Abena says:

what beautiful photos – thank you for sharing – and for reading my blog!

71. sofitoffee says:

Amazing shots Malou! By far the best photos I’ve seen of morning dew, and that tiny insect with dew drops on its head is just precious!! Thank you for the inspiration :)

72. signature103 says:

Surreal dew. Must have been a magical morning.

73. Jennifer says:

“Walk me out in the morning dew my honey, walk me out in the morning dew today.” Your pictures have me humming that anti-nuclear protest song, Morning Dew. May our children never wake to a morning that they must fear the dew . . . may it always be as pure and beautiful and transcendent as your art conveys.

74. Meg says:

stunning photo after stunning photo

75. Just one more comment on how incredible these are!

76. Those are fantastic photos!

I wish I had the patience but I’m really just a “point and shoot” photographer.

I’m not a fan of having my own photo taken and I much prefer to take photos of people when they don’t know they’re having their picture taken…

I grab photos when I can and some of my best photos have been along the seafront snapping at the waves.

Thanks for posting these, they’re beautiful.

77. These are just so pretty!! Great detail :)

78. Zoe @ Pantry and Fridge says:

Such beautiful pictures! I love them, especially the critters :)

Thank you!!

79. Kathryn says:

What a wonderful collection of photographs! :-D

80. goudreinet says:

Beautiful pictures. I like the poor bug (vlieg) with dew on its head! You have a great sense for detail. Thanks for liking and following my blog also. Interesting to see your views (!) of The Netherlands as I have left my country long ago in search for “greener grass” elsewhere…!

81. Simply magical, breathtakingly beautiful photos! It’s as though each bloom and insect and spiderweb were captured in pure crystal or, as you say, diamonds. Exquisite!
    Kathryn

82. vagabondaway says:

Beautiful photos! I have a thing for raindrops on flowers as well :)

83. Gorgeous! If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of lens and what setting did you use?

I love your photos. These of dew remind me that there is so much in the world that is amazing, and that I should always slow down and enjoy it.

84. Meredith Barnes says:

These are so beautiful!!!

85. Malin says:

Absolutely beautiful pictures! The drops are teasingly fantastic (in a good way ;)). Almost magical, especially #13. Love it!

86. A J says:

It’s a beautiful droplets and flowers display. Loved each one of it.

87. karencooking says:

The detail is amazing. How often do we see flowers and never notice intricacies like this? Beautiful!

88. mollysaurus says:

Gorgeous photos! Dew has such an ephemeral beauty :)

89. ddLynn says:

WOW!!!!!!!! Amazing and stunning!!!!

90. Beautiful! They remind me of spun glass. (Nia sent me)

91. aurumdawn says:

What a great focus on such a small yet stunning piece of nature. It’s amazing how much beauty is around if you only stop and look, this has certainly encouraged me to do that more often. Wonderful photography!

92. Oh wow. Sometimes when I think I’ve seen it all, then I see something new which blows me away! Rendered speechless in the presence of such beauty. Sharon

93. Absolutely wonderful photos. A delightful feast to one’s eyes! :)