More on Keukenhof and its surprises (April 2011)

Francesca and the little lamb

Beyond the bewitching spring blooms, we were surprised to stumble upon the little animal farm inside Keukenhof to entertain the kids. There were turkeys, pigs, sheeps, lambs, a calf and some rabbits. Though a bit hesitant at first, Francesca enjoyed petting the lambs and the little calf.

Here are more pictures from Keukenhof. There was just so much beauty that I can’t resist taking so many pictures. ;-)

Chasing birds

Daffodils

With a Japanese lady in traditional costume

Enjoying a lolly by the fountain

Reds and yellows

Father and daughter admiring the fountains

86 Responses to More on Keukenhof and its surprises (April 2011)

1. simplicitymaven says:

Ahhhh springtime! And such beauty. Thanks for sharing, Malou.

2. Jane says:

The little lamb is so cute!!!

3. denlyn3 says:

Your lucky to have so many beautiful places to go with the family and get great photographs.

4. your pictures are always nice!!!! love them …

5. Cathy says:

Wonderful photos! My favourites: the pink tulips and purple hyacinths look gorgeous together, oh and the cherry blossom is lovely!

6. Jennifer says:

I love the pic with the bird flying away! Simply beautiful!

7. twisterfish says:

Beautiful photos of a beautiful place! Your photos are helping me add places to my “must see” list.

8. That is just the cutest shot of the lamb and your daughter! Adorable.

9. Jennifer says:

Beautiful flowers! I love the colors–so vibrant.

10. Your daughter is sooo pretty in her pink coat.. it matches the flowers and the Japanese woman’s dress!

11. Your images are exquisite—and so is your daughter! Just lovely!

12. Christine R. says:

What a beautiful day out. The flowers are so vibrant and you guys looked like you had a lot of fun! I love the pic of your daughter with the little flower in her hair. Too cute!

A lovely weather in spring is always a perfect excuse to go out and Keukenhof is simply the best place to be. ;-)

My little girl just loves flower and will always put one in her hair. Too much of a girlie girl. ;-)

13. These photos are so beautiful!!
    Love the color that you captured!

14. These pictures are simply beautiful, yet again! The one of your daughter pointing to the lamb is so cute! It looks like she’s telling it off, ha ha!!!

15. Pingback: About and Honors from Fellow Bloggers « Hoof Beats and Foot Prints

16. Hi,
    I have been tagged to answer some questions and in turn must tag other bloggers I find inspiring. That would be you! If you would like to participate visit my post http://bellaremyphotography.wordpress.com/about/ and congratulations!

17. A Nature Mom says:

My 4-year-old son just said it’s “too bad they (you) live so far away.” He thinks Francesca looks like a nice little girl. Beautiful images!

18. The gardens just look amazing! And I love the pictures of the lamb. What a docile creature! It looks like it is loving all of your daughter’s attention!

19. Stunning colors! A true feast for the eyes!

20. very sweet, lovely fotos!

21. {Main St. Cuisine} says:

You’re daughter looks so sweet in her pink coat. Just amazing photos!

22. Hi!
    Breathtaking!! You are so fortunate to see such beauty! And what a fun time with the family! Thank you for sharing the beauty!!

23. Your photography is stupendous, really!! An exchange student from the Netherlands stayed with me several weekends this past autumn/winter. I taught him to ride a horse and he was really good at it. One of my best friends, from Indonesia, lived in the Netherlands as a child when her father was a diplomat there. I really like your multicultural aspect. My grandson has one grandfather from Spain, one from Nigeria, and one grandmother who is Mexican and Navaho and me. I tell him he is a child of the future. Plus, I am really pleased you are following my novice blog. I took a bunch of photos the last several days and will post at least some of them, but they are not spectacular like yours. I am a much better writer and singer than a photographer. Juliana

24. flujan says:

You have been nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Felicia (My Voyage Through Time).

Visit http://myvoyagethroughtime.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/very-inspiring-blogger-award/ for details…

Good Job!
    *****

25. Dave says:

I always enjoy visiting you, Malou.

26. Sapna says:

Another set of lovely pics :)

Francesca is so adorable. She increases the beauty of all the pictures she is in.

The little lamb is really cute…

27. I love how your daughter looks like she is telling the little sheep to be good! He seems to be listening to her.
    Ashley

28. Ah, one after the other, beautiful photographs. I’m so swept away, I hardly know it’s raining here.

Lovely!

Jamie Dedes

29. piesandeyes says:

Gorgeous photos!!

30. Madhu says:

Beautiful garden, we went there aeons ago – 1985 I think! And beautiful little girl :-)

31. Teresa Silverthorn says:

Reblogged this on Beyond the Pear Tree and commented:
    Went here as child…blissful memories.

Thanks for the reminder :)

32. Amazing places and photos. :D

33. Just gorgeous! What a beautiful area!

34. about anja says:

It’s one of my dreams, to photograph tulips in season. One day!
    Beautiful captures and Francesca is adorable.

35. Your photos are amazing! I’m sure you’ve been asked this several times before, but what kind of camera do you use? My iphone just doesn’t compare. :)

36. Bassas Blog says:

Beautiful photographs. You captured a feast of colors!

beautiful …. seeing your photos I know there will be a spring. The lamb and your daughter – love photo’s .. thank you so much for bringing color into my world. *smile

Time for you to head this way one of these days, Viveka. ;-)

• viveka says:

Yes, the spring is so important for us all – we have a beautiful day here to day. A little bit chilly but full of sunshine. Would have a hard time living somewhere where there is no seasons. Constant heat nothing for me.

38. Hello, I’ve nominated you for an award! i really enjoy your posts as you know. Have a look here for the details

39. saymber says:

I enjoyed this so much I had to share it on my Facebook page! The compositions of your pictures, the crispness and subject matter were spot on! Thank you so much for posting and keep ‘em comin! :-)

40. Sorry to hear the news today about the crash not to far from the Netherlands. Such a contrast to your always-happy photos.

41. Brigitte says:

Such beautiful pictures and great information here. Thank you for sharing all of this! These really inspire and portray the glorious beauty of spring!

42. Thank you for visiting my blog and liking it. I liked the flowers in your post. Will you teach me how to build followers like you did?

43. Your daughter is adorable. :)

44. Hi Malou, wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD!

45. iPhonePhotog says:

Now this looks like someplace I’d love to visit. Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing.

46. smallbeds says:

Right now, after looking at those photos, I can’t WAIT for spring.

47. Hi Malou,
    Thanks for liking my blog.
    We have something in common, both of us are living in a host country and trying to get to the heart of its character and have a daughter born in our adopted home…
    Although I never visited the Keukenhof when I lived in the Netherlands, I appreciate its beauty and I enjoyed your photos.
    Johanna van Zanten

48. Some lovely pictures to illustrate the points you make. Spring is indeed a colourful time, full of promise.

49. Marianne says:

Amazing photos and such a nice and colorful scenary. And your daughter looks adorable!:)

50. Bee-U-ti-ful!!! I love the shot with the white dove, is it, flying up. Wonderful.

51. zurisullivan says:

Hi Malou,
    Thanks so much for checking out my blog! Your photos and blog are beautiful; I love the photos of flowers in this post especially! What type of camera do you use?

52. Dor says:

Your photographs are breathtaking as always and your little girls is as beautiful as a flower!

53. chefmargot says:

Oh Malou! Great photography! Thank you for stopping by!

54. You pictures are beyond words. You really have a talent for capturing the beauties of the earth. Thank you for being my first blog follower. I’m still new to blogging so i don’t know if there is a special term for that lol. Continue taking beautiful pic. I’m a fan :-)

55. Ana Gaby says:

I love your pics! I really enjoyed visiting Keukenhof 3 years ago. It’s just beautiful! I hope to take my kids there in the near future! Cheers!

56. Eastern Babe says:

These are absolutely incredible photos! What color and beauty – welcome spring! Thank you for sharing.

57. Nicely captured. My favorites – Francesca and the little lamb, and chasing bird. Beautiful.

58. Jacqueline says:

Gorgeous photos–especially the chasing birds one! Do you mind if I ask what camera you use? The quality is stunning!

59. Absolutely beautiful.

It has just occurred to me: the Netherlands is suffering the same economic horrors as the rest of us, and yet here they are producing such life-enhancing loveliness.

One’s attitude to life is more important than anything – especially at the moment.

Please keep sending these beautifully photographed, beautiful posts!!!!!!!!

60. These are so beautiful. The colors just amaze me. I went to school for textile design, and I could design for months just from these beautiful shapes and colors. Thank you for sharing!

61. northern v says:

Love Francesca and the little lamb!

62. oceannah says:

Great shots Malou! The chaos of colors is truly delightful.
    *anna

63. That is exactly what was going through my mind as I paged through the many pictures of gorgeous flowers – “what a dream it would be to shoot pictures in such a place!’ It really is beautiful. I am drawn more so to the yellow and orange flowers….and I can’t wait till I find a serious garden to shoot away in. Thank you for sharing the pictures and some information of your country.

64. veg-ease says:

are you the talented photog?

65. Wow your blog is so so gorgeous Malou!! Way to go!
    Thanks for visiting my blog ;-)

66. Gorgeous, thanks for sharing! But btw, the Asian lady is wearing traditional Korean dress, so I assume she’s probably Korean. Definitely not Japanese.

67. flyingkakapo says:

Great photographs. my wife and I will be visiting Amsterdam on 19 & 20th and will definitely be spending time at Keukenhof Gardens as the tulips will be out.

68. Once again I am amazed at the beauty of your pictures. You must have a very beautiful spirit to see such beauty in the gardens you visit. The darling pictures of your precious child with the lamb and white dove would be perfect for an Easter post.
    Joy

69. Your Pictures are just so beautiful! (I want to go buy a new camera right this minute!) I love the castles- Perfect sized house I say! :)