Last year’s Easter eggs hunt

The little ones and their Easter eggs find

Time flies, it’s almost Easter time again! Where did the year go? Memories of last year’s Easter egg hunt are still fresh in my thoughts but it is time for the next egg hunt again. To my daughter, life is moving forward and wanting the years to roll by so quickly while I am hanging on to every bit of her childhood — carefree days under the sun hunting for Easter eggs, blowing dandelion seeds away, climbing trees, going back and forth at the slide, running around with the other kids and many more.

One of my little girl’s favorite time of the year is Easter and the delightful event of Easter egg hunt. It is something that has become a tradition with us having started this on the first Easter when she could walk. At that time, the eggs were hidden in the confines of our small back garden.

Last year, we organized the Easter egg hunt with the involvement of children in our neighborhood. We were blessed with the perfect Easter weather — warm and sunny and the kids really had so much fun searching for the eggs hidden in the grass and other not so obvious places. I baked cupcakes while the other moms brought in the refreshments.

One more week to go and it will be the same frenzied activity again. My daughter can hardly wait…

On to the egg hunt

Searching the grass and weeds for the hidden eggs

Feeling fulfilled with every find

Happy with every sighting of an egg hidden in the grass

Weather couldn't be any better than this for the egg hunt

Maybe there are more eggs here...

Counting the egg finds

"Could we eat first?"

Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes

Eating time after the hard work

More egg search

The parents minus me the photographer

Posing for mom

Childhood friendship

Flowers everywhere

Flowers everywhere

96 Responses to Last year’s Easter eggs hunt

1. mumchic says:

Looks like you guys had an amazing time last year , love the beaming smiles . Planning an egg hunt for my boys this year , will be quite exciting no doubt !

2. Lovely photos that remind me of the days when my four children were little and also enjoyed hunting for their Easter eggs. Thank you for evoking those lovely memories in my head.

3. Lovely photos of children including your lovely daughter, I wish I can push back time. Have a blessed weekend!

4. Kids sharing themselves through all those expressions… you really captured it. Great photos as always.

Lovely photo’s again … so full of play and joy – the kids. Look to have been full summer last year – can’t remember, but I doubt we had it so warm .. up here. Maybe we did ???? !!!!!!!! Your daughter is so adorable. Love her little dress.

6. Thanks for giving me a smile this early in the morning. I remember doing this for my daughter – one year we had to do it in the house due to inclimate weather – and I look forward to do it for my grandson very soon! :)

7. As always, lovely photographs. Reminds me of when my son was little, an egg hunt…. Hasn’t your little girl grown so much just in the past year! Maybe you don’t see it because she is there all the time: the confidence, though, shows through!

You must be very proud of her!

Thanks a lot, Michael. Indeed she has grown a lot in the past year because she also started school. Confidence has certainly build up and she’s got lots of friends now in school that also come to our home to play with her. ;-)

8. Love the slide pictures especially! Thanks for sharing! Brings back memories!

9. Michael Zoll says:

The photo-reportage is very nice.

Michael

10. Thanks for sharing, I miss being a kid. Your photos are amazing and so clear. The kids looked like they had so much fun. Those cupcakes, wow, it’s 6am and I’m drinking my coffee wishing I had one on a plate right here!

Thanks for sharing these memories… beautiful

Here’s to making more this Easter,
    Mr.CBB

11. Oh, what fun for the children…AND the adults!

Beautiful shots of all of them, Malou.

12. namitasunder says:

How lovely ….The kids in there search and then enjoying cakes……….look so adorable.
    thanks for sharing such lovely moments…..it refreshed me.

13. janinevasta says:

What a lovely party!

14. very sweet. the cupcakes look great.

15. Rneats (MyLifeWhileShopping) says:

LOVE the picture of the little boy blowing the dandelion! I love looking into the sweet and innocent faces of children! Thank you for sharing…

16. great picture …
    hehehe… the kids are amazing, i have to make one. lol :-)
    wkwkwkwk….

17. twizzkid says:

beautiful, fun and joyful amazing photos! Makes me want to go in the backyard and make myself an Easter hunt in ummm, my middle years, all by myself LOL!

18. Razel Rull-Navarro says:

Your daughter is adorable :) Great pictures as always, Malou!

19. disneymom525 says:

I love this post. My daughter and I are going to our first neighborhood easter egg hunt today. Last year she was much to small to participate so I’m looking forward to seeing her reaction today. I love the pictures they are beautiful!!

20. Judie Choate says:

We loved this post – the children are adorable – it took us back to our Easter egg hunts with our children in Central Park years and years ago – Judie Choate

21. Spring is everywhere this morning! Just woke up and have seen a little piglet story, a robin photograph and now your Easter egg hunt filled with a little girl’s pretty Easter dress! I loved those days, although my kids still love to hunt for eggs, the party dress has long been put away! Can’t wait to see your new Easter photos:) xo Smidge

My reply comes too late, Smidge. Got caught up in so many activities at home, at the office and in my little girl’s school. Easter weather this year though a bit sunny was chilly. Can’t wait for the warmer weather and she can dress up in something lighter too. ;-)

22. Swamp Dog says:

That rock wall in the photos looks interesting, how about some up close photos and information on it?

23. This is absolutely what childhood should be about…dandelions, Easter eggs, slides and friends.

It’s like going down memory lane for me!

25. A friend once invited us over for an Easter egg hunt in her 20 acres of woods. The eggs were plastic and filled with chocolates! It was great fun – but even for adults a little dark and scary in the woods!

26. Ah the simple pleasures of childhood…captured beautifully through your camera lens.

27. Robyn Lee says:

Such wonder and joy the children have…and memories that will last forever. Beautiful post- and photos Malou!

What a wonderful way to share the joy of Easter with your neighbours! You are right to enjoy every moment with your daughter while she is young. Children grow so quickly and you cannot recapture those moments once they are gone. Already I look forward to watching my grandchildren hunt for Easter eggs!

This Easter egg hunt has now become a tradition to celebrate with our neighbors, Elaine. It is a lot of fun with more kids and we adults also enjoy this activity. ;-)

29. Cristal says:

The beautiful colors and the infectious grins! I am smiling and remembering my boys at that age. Oh, what joy!!

30. Super cute all these lovely children searching for their Easter eggs :)!! And nice photo’s of the folwers!!

31. I can’t believe its easter again! especially because here in california the weather is anything but spring at the moment! We look forward to an easter egg hunt at the grandparents again. I do hope the weather changes though! how nice to have a neighborhood full of young children.

32. Beautiful pictures and lovely children ! Thank you.

33. Hope you have lots of eggs for this year. As they get older they find them faster so you need a good stash. Enjoy!

34. Anne-Marie says:

Lovely happy photos! That litle boy in the beginning photos, with chocolate on his face, how cute!The cupcakes look delicous! Looks like a fun adventure for everyone!

35. Love the cake face!!

36. Brigitte says:

Ah-h, Easter egg hunts. I remember those. :). Sweet, beautiful pics, as always!

37. essentjewels says:

Children, Easter Eggs, and Cupcakes, precious!

38. Dana says:

I love your pix and your daughter is beautiful, love that dress she wore as well :) Your blog transported me back to my own Easter egg hunts and pretty dresses and you really captured the feeling of the day, really nice!

39. Adorable pictures of such a beautiful time.
    Joy

40. Rich with color and fun ~ Thank you… J

41. Mariel says:

That’s such a cute little tradition you’ve started in your neighborhood. And the kids are cute as well. :)

42. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I remember starting our own egg hunt for the neighborhood. It started with 4 children and as the neighborhood ‘expanded’ we were up to 18. It was a great chance for the entire neighborhood to get out & enjoy the spring weather and catch up after very long winters.

43. artofsabbath says:

How fun! And the cupcakes look like they were delicious! I hope this year’s hunt goes just as well if not better!

44. Chooksta says:

Tag, you’re it! I’ve tagged you to play a question and answer game! Check my latest blog post for the details!

45. billgncs says:

Children bring a culture hope. Thanks for sharing such a positive message.

46. Really enjoy your photography, Malou!

47. Wow Malou, What a wonderful display of childhood fun and innocence. These are beautiful. I agree with billgncs that children bring a culture of hope. I hope to foster that with my work in the future. Thanks for finding my blog. I will surely be back.

48. simplycessie says:

Love the photos. The kids are adorable and the cupcakes look really yummy. This is heart-warming.

49. cazbag says:

Very sweet! Thanks for liking my last post!

50. Malena says:

Spring and Easter come together.. beautiful! Love the cupcakes!

51. Wow looks fun:-) perhaps the kids will enjoy looking at our Mammoth donkey and mini donkey photos and youtube sixe does not matter:-)

52. polly says:

cute shots of the kids, looking forward to seeing you photos from this years hunt if you have one.

53. Gorgeous photographs, your little girl is a real beauty. Easter egg hunts are fun, you’ve reminded me I should do one for my kids next Sunday! Love your blog, the flower photos are stunning.

54. Wow! What a lovely blogsite, and an equally-lovely post! I’ve never met anyone from the Netherlands who wasn’t gentle and lacking in beautiful spirit. I look forward to reading more, and I can thank the “Red-Light District” for linking our two lives! Your family is beautiful!
    Z from Ecuador

55. annie says:

Great colorful pictures and wonderful Easter traditions!

56. Such simple pleasures bring so much fun and laughter, Beautiful photos!

57. smallprayer says:

looking at the pictures of your kids makes me smile, wish to see more :)

58. Unbelievably, I haven’t done a proper Easter Egg hunt with my kiddies in years. Your post reminds me that I need to rectify that this year! :) Happy Easter!

59. sheilabmarie says:

Your pictures are fantastic! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

60. christymoyer says:

These pictures simply make me smile! My son is 18 and I still “make” him sit down to color Easter eggs! I am certain he still loves it! Enjoy this age! They grow up so fast! Happy Spring!

61. Easter egg hunts were so much fun as a kid! And your daughter looks like she is wearing the perfect dress for Easter.

Thanks again for sharing, Malou!

62. andBerlin says:

I hope you’re blessed with equally great weather for your Easter Egg hunt this year. I now have a huge craving for cupcakes!

63. Daniela Luna says:

So cute!!!!
    And i love that dress!!

64. Amy says:

Your daughter is so beautiful! Lovely Easter dress!

65. What fun to see the hunt in action….and the chocolatey faces!

66. thewolfonthebridge says:

Again, such vital pictures! Really sharing the joys of childhood, Easter egg hunts, and friendships… Lovely…