My little girl’s first ever foray in the tulip fields (Spring 2008)

She’s half Dutch and living on Dutch soil so she should connect with everything Dutch. That’s the point I raised to the Mr. when dragging our little girl (she was 6-month old at that time) to the flower fields for this photo shoot 4 springtimes ago. ;-)

What a great spring weekend it was! We were at a nearby family reunion and we could combine a little escape to these flower fields to take some gorgeous pictures.

I will be going down memory lane in the next few posts, showing the springtime metamorphosis of our little girl as we hit the flower fields year after year.

The love for flowers is something that would become natural with her. These days she finds pleasure at picking flowers and have them assembled in a vase at home.

160 Responses to My little girl’s first ever foray in the tulip fields (Spring 2008)

1. uthamz says:

Fantastic colors !
    Beautiful pictures !!
    Thank you for sharing them .

utham

2. andy1076 says:

Beautiful pictures :) :)

3. Beautiful! So are the flowers! :-)

4. olbigjim says:

What a lovely family you are! And, the flowers are just stunning! Beautiful post Malou!

Cute baby, handsome man … and loads of beautiful tulips!!! Lucky you! Thanks for the beautiful photos – baby sOooOOOOOoo cute – still are! So colorful.

6. Michael Zoll says:

Beautiful, Thanks!

CU, Michael

7. kahyehm says:

picture perfect, cute baby!

8. Anne-Marie says:

Wow .. millions of tulips .. so pretty! I love the lone little yellow tulip in the field of red!
    Happy pictures .. so lovely … :)

9. Totally awesome! What sweet family memories!

10. Beautiful flowers, pretty little girl.

11. David says:

Lovely family in a flower fantasy world:)

12. Those colours are divine. Such great introduction to colour and flowers to a baby.

13. RichardB1001 says:

Great subjects for a wonderful picture.

14. robertajune says:

Fantastic fotos, the colours are so vibrant with the light almost shinig right through them! Lovely :) And baby looks mesmerised too!

15. Wow. Amazing pictures with outstanding colors!! Love it!

16. mandala56 says:

I can’t even tell you how much I love this blog and your photos! I miss Holland so much! I can’t wait til next year when I will be back for a visit in springtime.

17. soumyav says:

beautiful pictures…awesome views..breathtaking scenery…lovely baby..god bless u all…:-)

18. soumyav says:

HI malou! have nominated u for the sunshine award..u and ur pictures deserve them..

19. Madhu says:

Awww! She looks like a little doll! Stunning pictures to treasure!

20. p0cahontas says:

What beautiful flowers!! Great pictures!!

21. putneyfarm says:

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

22. liz2you says:

She saw them then, took it all in and loves them now I am sure. Beautiful
    Dad’s do tend to rush things and want kids to grow up too soon, because they are so much more fun then!!
    Of course she is Dutch! (But also so much You too!)
    Liz

23. Gilly Gee says:

Amazing flowerscapes and your little girl is just as beautiful now as then !

24. Daniela Luna says:

That’s such a fairy tale landscape!!! Must feel línea dream to be there!!
    And you’re baby is such a beauty!!!!

25. Mary says:

Those tulips sure are amazing!!!

26. These flowers are unreal, I want to be there! And what a precious little girl :]

27. Shez says:

So beautiful. ;)

28. Wow…that is so amazing! Thanks for sharing:)

29. May says:

Good bless you and your family . your smile & your little angle with the coulorful tulips …
    Amazing!

30. Olivia Mair says:

I’d love to visit the tulip fields one day!

31. anaslense says:

She is soooo cute and the place is so beautiful! Very colorful pictures!

32. Robyn Lee says:

Such a lovely collection of images ( and memories) Malou! Love the vibrant colors and your baby’s face! She will be a flower-girl forever more:)

33. Amy says:

Stunning beautiful tulips! Looks like the baby appreciates the colorful world. Beautiful post!

34. lucindalines says:

Super amazing pictures.

35. Amy says:

Beautiful beyond words. Thank you for sharing.

36. Wonderfully beautiful photos of Nature and Family!

Thanks for sharing memories (and hopes) with us. A heart-warming post!

Fabulous tulip colors, and she is so cute!

38. rumpydog says:

What gorgeous photos and I LOVE those flowers!

39. Gorgeous colors, as usual! :-D

40. BigSkyKen says:

Great imagery, Malou. I’ve never personally seen anything like it, but I understand tulips and other flowers are grown like this in Washington state, and I hope to get out there later this month to take it in. Thanks for sharing these photos.

41. Your photos of flowers make me feel happy!

42. How gorgeous your little girl is and was as a baby! Stunning photos amongst the lovely tulips:) xo Smidge

43. cross(stitch)yourheart says:

As always your pictures are fantastic and your daughter is just darling!

44. Colline says:

The flowers are absolutely beautiful! I am sure she would love another visit :)

45. Vivien L. says:

Beautiful pics of the flowers and of your family.

46. Swamp Dog says:

Those flower fields must be an awesome sight in real life!

47. teddytom4u says:

wowowowowow! so many tulips and what a beautifuls happy family you are
    doucette4u

48. jevieb says:

Fun! Thanks for sharing your lovely experience!

49. Great photos! You are very lucky to have such lovely flowers in the Netherlands! Can’t wait to pay the Netherlands another visit “)

Thanks a lot. True, there is so much to see here in the Netherlands in spring. There are just an enormous area of flower fields to wander to. ;-)

50. scroungelady says:

I like the photos of momma and baby – getting yourself in front of the camera is good.

51. Those are amazing pictures of the fields framing you and your daughter.

52. I’ve never seen so many tulips in one place! WOW :)

53. Abe Pacana says:

This is so awesome with only you guys in the field and this vast tulip field where can I find this in the east coast?

Hitting the tulip fields in spring is the cheapest form of entertainment for me, Abe. No entrance fees or anything and you can take as much pictures as you want, choose the colors that you want. ;-)

54. Willie Cloete says:

Wow, amazingly beautiful, I have given up on tulips, where I live it is just too hot, even in winter for them.

I applaud you for allowing your child to experience these tulips, I think it is important for a child’s cultural identity and development to experience such things. At 42 I still remember the little things my parents exposed me to as a young child and how they have moulded who and what I am today.

Thanks a lot, Willie. My little girl has real consciousness of nature and its beauty already at this age. I’m so proud of that. ;-)

55. Nate says:

I always love the flowers you include in your photos.

Nate-

56. Very very pretty pictures. Thanks for visiting my site. You have a lovely family and lovely place. :-)

57. Pingback: Do-Over! « Cross(stitch) Your Heart

58. Yvette says:

magnificient colours, your photos are just beautiful. Treasured memories!

59. forestfae says:

It does my heart good to see these wonderful photos. Thank you for sharing Malou.

60. thewolfonthebridge says:

Gorgeous colours, pictures, such vitality and happiness exuding from all of them! Makes me want to stroll about in tulip fields and spend time somewhere sunny… :-) Amazing.

61. Ohhh the photos are phenomenal! With all the flowers and its such a beautiful sunny day :D

62. saymber says:

My how she’s grown! Goes so fast doesn’t it?! Your pictures remind me of my visit to Holland back in the 1990′s. Absolutely gorgeous!

63. These don’t even look real. Beautiful!

64. So beautiful….makes our tulip displays here look so scrawny…but I do have an image taken in the NY Conservancy in Central Park that I will be posting soon…so be on the lookout…:)

65. Lu says:

Oh wow! Such a beautiful setting – the colours are fantastic and the photos do such justice :)

66. James says:

Such a beautiful place where you live! Thank you for sharing the color and beauty!

67. I’ve always heard about how the tulips are so beautiful there and your pictures definitely prove it. Beautiful flowers and beautiful family.

68. Your photos are super awesome! What a beautiful countryside. You are blessed with a beautiful family as well. Thanks for sharing.

69. Kuson says:

So happy that you could always go to some beautiful place for family.=]

70. sherrylcook says:

Wow! look at all the comments you have gotten! I absolutely adore tulips. I wish so badly we had something like that here in my area. I bought some purple tulips just to have in my home just the other day. Splendid pics!!!! oh, and hey….thank you for following my blog, looking forward to reading more of yours…
    Hugs to you!
    Sherry

71. I’ve never sen anything so beautiful!

72. Lovely!
    I have always been fascinated by tulips.
    So very colorful. ;)

73. kahyehm says:

hi I love your blog so I nominated you for something here :) http://lifeshappyrants.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/awards-d/ thanks! keep blogging :)

74. I just have to add one more comment to echo all the other comments – your baby girl is sweetness and I can never tire of seeing fields of tulips! Sharon

75. I love the idea that you started your daughter young, showing her the flowers … she will grow to always appreciate nature’s beauty!

76. Purely.. Kay says:

I absolutely love this Malou. I just love all the color and beauty in each and every one of these shots..simply beautiful

77. Java Girl says:

Tulips are my favorite flowers! When I saw the amount of tulips in that field, I would have thought I was in paradise! Gorgeous pictures and a great blog! :D

78. Wow, those tulips are absolutely stunning! The rows seem to go on forever. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photo’s!

79. Michi says:

What ADORABLE photos!! You had me squealing with cuteness over here – I love that age, when they’re still babies – chubby and starting to babble. The tulips in the background are breathtaking. I’ve been to Holland twice, but never got the chance to see the tulip fields.

I guess it just means I’ll have to go again sometime! :)

80. aprilsfestivals says:

What a great idea to start as a family tradition. Especially since the flower fields are so close. Hopefully as she grows she’ll continue to develop a love for flowers. Such a wonderful thing to start for her.

81. P. Graham says:

These pictures are lovely and your family is beautiful! Soooo awesome you have such a great tradition! You are inspiring! I definitely don’t want to pop out any babies anytime soon but familial times like these make the whole experience on having a family a better thought to think about (for the future for me of course) ;) Anyway, I’m rambling. Again, AWESOME post. Thanks so much for sharing :)

82. Pingback: Very Inspiring Blog Award – thank you Jay! « saymberblondi

83. karencooking says:

The sheer volume of tulips is amazing! Beautiful colors.

84. I wish I could grow flowers as lovely as this!
    Ashley

85. How beautiful! If I lived in the Netherlands, I would also go to the flower fields each year too. Is this in Keukenhof?

86. bdanni says:

these are wonderful photos and you have a beautiful family. real natural connection between your family and the flowers

87. Thanks for letting me camp out in your blog this morning. I had a great time and tried to leave my campsite as clean as when I arrived.

88. Brittany says:

What BEAUTIFUL pictures! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for following our blog (It’s A Twinderful Life). We hope you enjoy our posts!

89. travelbug80 says:

Hey, I loved your pics, your baby girl is so cute and pretty. The flowers are awesome. So nice to read about your life on here :).

90. How awesome to see so many beautiful flowers in one place. The colors are brilliant. Your daughter’s very cute. You must be enjoying it even more now that she’s older. I think children are more fun every year.

91. I have NEVER seen so many amazing colors in one place! Fabulous!

92. reneeboomer says:

HI. Thank you for following my blog. Beautiful pictures!! Stunning!! I love flowers too. Have a great day. Renee :)