Tulips (part 4)

April is about to draw to a close but this month which used to be in recent years the nicest time in spring has been for the most part wet, cold and grey. I still can’t say “Adieu” to my winter coat with the temperature still too cold and oftentimes unpredictable. Still, spring is inching its way forward but I haven’t really managed to take new pictures.

Here are spring pictures from last year, a continuation of my Tulips series.

40 Responses to Tulips (part 4)

1. So Beautiful and “spring-y”

2. BigSkyKen says:

Gorgeous shots! 1, 11, 14 and 17 are my favorites!

3. I feel like walking through Keukenhof

4. Such a bewildering array of tulips! A lovely collection of floral shots.

Soooooo gorgeous! Gave up on them in my garden because of the pesky wild rabbits. Any tips?

6. Your tulips are awesome!!

7. These pics bring warm sunny smiles inspite of the weather…sending rays of sunshine from California your way;o)

8. Beautiful, gorgeous, happy!

9. May Dayao says:

Malou, I think of you now when i see tulips :) I saw them during my walk at lunch. Your photos are so lovely.

10. janinevasta says:

This has been such a lovely, uplifting series Malou. Thank you!! Simple and unmistakably Dutch. It must be one of the nicest things about living in Holland.

11. So pretty! We are back to chilly temps as well. Spring is such a hard month to dress for!

But somehow, tulips always get it right :-)

12. putneyfarm says:

These are lovely- thanks again for posting- we are always happy to see new tulip photos!

13. Alaska Girl at Heart says:

Lovely. I’m disappointed that I won’t have time to take photos of the tulips in Skagit Valley this year. It was a combination of the late spring and a busy life that kept me away.

14. Abby Rae says:

Perty, Perty flowers!!! Oh, I have finally made a date with oranges~tomorrow @10:00AM. Ya! :)

15. Unbelievably breathtaking ! WONDERFUL blog!~Deborah

16. marysmemories says:

So many different cours and shapes. Amazing

17. mfushidara says:

Inspiring. Makes me wanna grow flowers. :)

18. Wow…these are beautiful Malou.

Thanks.

Have been missing your fantastic photo’s … great to have you back with .. all this beauty. My favorites today is the red and while .. they are just like our national sweet – polka grisen. Thanks for all this beauty.

20. Those are beautiful photos you took, would love to see more!

21. And I was just out looking at the 4, yes FOUR tulips (out of over 100) that I planted a couple years ago. We have a serious problem with squirrels stealing the bulbs. Some of my neighbors I’m sure have my tulips while the others… don’t know maybe down in the squirrel root cellar.

22. jelillie says:

Loved these pictures. I am going to miss tulip season this year. So my sister is taking me on an art tour while I visit the country! I love museums!

23. Oh my gosh I love these! GORGEOUS!!!

24. I will always loved the “ruffled” ones.. but those flowery red and white ones that almost look like roses are starting to capture my heart too!

25. Lovely. Yes, the weather in central Europe is very poor this ‘spring’. We are looking forward to getting out our summer clothes…

26. Looks like heaven to me. colors, freshness, soft textures, peaceful.

27. katherineb12 says:

I love tulips. We had them growing in my backyard at my old house. Lovely, happiness delivering post. Wonderful way to start my day :)

28. Beautiful images! What an amazing experience for you and your family. Lovely to connect with you. Blessings, Linney

29. terrepruitt says:

I am amazed by the different kinds of tuplips. I am only familiar with the smooth edge (of the petal) kind. These are amazing!

30. luvsclassics says:

Beautiful, Malou. It is a wonderful thing to appreciate the beauty of the abundance of Tulips. I beleive it is the first time that I’ve seen “two -tone” Tulips in both red and white and yellow and white. I like the very last photo of the yellow tulips with the feathery edges, very unique! Your annual date for the spring tulips is a very special tradition!!

31. Lutz Braum says:

Gorgeous colors. Thanks for stopping by my photography blog – hopefully I can make to the Netherlands one day to see all this beauty in person.

32. eof737 says:

Stunning colors. :-) I’m finally catching up again on blog posts. Thanks for your patience! :-)

33. Kathy says:

Beautiful tulips! I would love to have some of those myself!!

34. Food Stories says:

I have enjoyed reading your site so I’ve nominated you for the Illuminating Blogger Award for illuminating, informative blog content. You can check out the details at my site … http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/ … Have a great memorial day weekend!

35. PragueByKaty says:

I really love tulips and your shots are gorgeous, thanks for sharing