More on the Dutch tulip fields

Our little queen among dandelions with the tulip fields in the distance

I know that my posts lately have been more on the Dutch flower fields but seeing that much beauty makes it impossible to not be carried away and have that overwhelming desire to share them.

On this particular day that we celebrated Queen’s Day (30th April) we were simply super lucky with the weather of warm temperature and blue skies as the days after were again chilly, wet and grey.  That day was a one-off and I am glad that we had these pictures as reminder of that one seemingly rare warm spring day.

Our family

Our family

A field of dandelions

Our family

121 Responses to More on the Dutch tulip fields

She are one with the flowers, you have done her into a little human that love the … nature. Stunning flowers, little princess … and you two … what a package … what an eye candy. Really love those photos.

Thanks a lot, Viveka. It was a beautiful day and the inspiration to take these pictures was there. Glad we went there that day because we pass by the area yesterday and most of the flowers were already cut-off. Besides, the weather is bleak again…grey, cold and wet. ;-)

• viveka says:

It was full summer on your photos and we had a fantastic weather too for weeks, they had promised colder and wet this weekend, but it never happen. Maybe we will get from you next week. The spring is too early this year – so I don’t hope that is has been the summer we got already.

I’m glad that you continue to share the beauty of the flower fields! We have also been experiencing many days of cool grey weather so I enjoy your splashes of colour very much. The grass is finally green here and the leaves are beginning to show on the trees but on a dismal rainy day like today it’s nice to be reminded of sunshine.

I also need cheering up and reminders of a beautiful spring day. It seems that low pressure here in Europe is coming up one after the other so we have this continued cold, wet and grey weather. ;-)

3. DG MARYOGA says:

Delightful series Malou !!!
    A real celebration of colous washed by generous sunshine and fabulous sceneries with amazing perspective !!!
    Your little queen is a very special flower among the colourful blooms !!!
    Great share,my friend,radiating light and happiness !
    Cheers
    Doda

4. June says:

Just beautiful and she’s an adorable little princess.

5. kentiki says:

Wonderful colors. So unusual. How nice to live by flower fields.

6. Great Captures!! Looks like a beautiful place.

7. freethewick says:

That is amazing. I LOVED the crown on your baby’s head http://www.freethewick.com

8. what a beautiful little girl! Love the flower pix.

9. BigSkyKen says:

Again, beautiful images! I hope you have #6 hanging on your wall!

10. Love the pictures…I want to wear a tiara, too! Thanks gor sharing.

The fields are nice!

12. I stand amazed that every single post is more and more beautiful!! Even those orange ones and I don’t even like orange! :)

Thanks a lot, Kelli. I was glad to see the orange ones and it was just fitting as we were celebrating Queen’s Day where the national color is orange. ;-)

13. Those shots of your little one are real treasures! How fun.

I loved seeing the tulips in bloom when I was there ages ago (visiting my sister who has lived in Amsterdam since the 70’s). And visiting the flower market. Nothing like it in the world! Here in Minnesota, we relish the small plots of tulips that we tend in our gardens, colorful spring relief after long, cold winters.

Perhaps you will do a tulip quilt for your daughter!

– Mary

Thanks a lot, Mary. Glad to know that you have been here and has seen these wonders here before.

I’d love to do a quilt, unfortunately I’m not very good with sewing. ;-)

14. How could one ever get weary of seeing such stunning landscapes! The images are soothing to the spirit and would make even a Scrooge smile! Z

15. sillyliss says:

Gorgeous, fantastic, and I love looking at these. I recently found out a coworker grew up in the Netherlands and remembers flying in over the fields of tulips just one time. She also talks about the snapdragons. But she gave me a good history on how the tulips are reaped, and now your posts mean even more to me.

Thanks a lot, sillyliss. I can tell you what an amazing experience it was to see the flower fields from the air, like a tapestry of colors. I hope someday that you also get to visit this country…in spring. ;-)

16. Nice blog – such beautiful pictures of tulips. We’ve never been to the Netherlands, but hopefully someday we will. Thanks also for checking out my blog.

17. Mike Sinnott says:

Royal Dutch, mooi.

18. sarwatabbasi says:

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!

19. janinevasta says:

The colours and the straight lines are overwhelming. Only in Holland perhaps? ;-) Jx

To the farmers here, this is simply the practical way to plant the flowers, very mechanical and organized. Yet the colors are amazing when in full bloom. ;-)

20. Go ahead and post all you want on those flower fields. They never last long enough and by fall and winter will be gone :(
    Ashley

Thanks a lot, Ashley. I’m also looking forward to posting other pictures but I’m getting stuck to these tulip pictures. ;-)

21. thedsides says:

beautiful pictures! and you have a lovely family! :)

22. Unsungpoet says:

These are awesome, so nice for the eye…My dad’s favorite flower was tulip and he’s been with the angels for almost 7 years now and so whenever I see tulips it’s a personal reminder for me…Beautiful photography, lovely family…

23. jane tims says:

Hi! The color in those fields is amazing. What a memorable experience for your little girl! I think I like the photo with the fields of tulips and dandelions side-by-side the best! Jane

24. Don Scrooby says:

Again absolutely beautiful. The colour is breathtaking and your little girl is so at one with it all. It reminds me of the images of Van Gogh. The saying that one can become intoxicated by colour is so true in what you’ve presented here. I couldn’t imagine anything more marvellous than walking through that beauty. Is there any kind of scent in the air as you walk there?

Thanks a lot, Don. You’re absolutely right about becoming intoxicated by colour. I can’t help feeling that way each time I’m among flowers. ;-)

25. polly says:

beautiful shots

26. Melody says:

Malou, I’ve nominate you for the Kreative Blogger award. Your posts are always so beautifully photographed and makes me wish I had a 3D computer screen! Here’s my nomination for you: http://globalfamilytreks.com/2012/05/06/kreative-blogger-award/
    All the best, Mel

Thanks a lot for the nomination, Mel. Very much appreciated How are you and the family? ;-)

• Melody says:

Enjoying the bits of spring weather! We have a challenging year ahead but we’ll cope. I may have to take a long weekend to visit your part of the world though! I think B would love the flowers!

27. Amy says:

The blue sky, white cloud, purple color flower field, green grass made such striking beautiful pictures.

28. What a wonderful outing this must have been. To be surrounded by such beauty, I can see why you were all smiles! :)

29. KarenCooking says:

I agree that the beauty is overwhelming! How fortunate you are to be able to see it in person!

Thanks a lot, Karen. Indeed I am so fortunate that places like this are very much within reach and they don’t cost a cent. ;-)

30. Love the blush on your daughter’s cheeks. She is as beautiful as the flowers.

31. So beautiful, the whole blog, Malou, and especially your little girl enjoying the flowers

32. The flowers seem so perfect in colour and shape, I enjoy looking at the fields, very soothing and natural.

33. Thandiwe says:

It looked like a couple of fields were dandelions? Are those planted or simply weeds? I love dandelions!

These dandelions are weeds here, Thandiwe. They are called “paardebloom” or horse flowers in Dutch because horses love to eat them here. ;-)

34. sojung lee. says:

Wow! Those tulip fields are impressive~ I hope I get a chance to visit them one day!!

35. I just awarded you a One Lovely Blog award :) Have a great week! http://jewelsincolorado.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/onelovelyblogaward/

36. Amen! What a great way to enjoy each others company! I love the fact that its free too! Your hubby sounds like fun! Don’t let those Dutch people you are priceless and fun. Not corny:)

Thanks a lot. Other people travel long distances just to see this spectacle while the people here ignore what is right before their eyes. I love these fields and yes, they are for free which is even better. ;-)

37. newbiepics says:

Malou, I really enjoy visiting your site, your images are so captivating and the personal touch is amazing. You have a beautiful family.

38. machisan says:

Good post – lots of info, so beautiful.

39. oldmarion says:

You have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award because I love your fresh photos and your stories of Dutch life. Thank you. http://marionretires.wordpress.com/

40. anjig says:

My God, that orange! Hup Holland Hup!

41. zelmare says:

Beautiful pictures! Those orange tulips are really something else! :)

42. lulu says:

I have never been to Holland when the tulips are in full bloom, and you’ve certainly given one more reason for putting that on my bucket list.

43. Amy says:

I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger and Inspiring Blogger Awards. If you are interested, come and visit my site…

44. Dave says:

Ha! You’re not apologizing for the flowers are you? You’re brightening my day!

45. soumyav says:

Hi Malou! Finally after your so colurful journey! Iam nominating you for the Inspiring blogger award. click the link to receive it.. http://wp.me/p1Zs7k-ix .. happy Day! :-)

46. gardenerat60 says:

Like a little princess among the flowers! Beautiful, excellent and thanks for sharing.

47. Gorgeous colors! Gorgeous!!!!

48. BeingMama says:

Hi Malou, Thanks for visiting my blog. I thought I’d stop by and see yours and what a nice surprise! Such beautiful photos! My husband loves tulips so I’ll tell him to stop by and enjoy it as well. Lovely family too. :) Enjoy, Kat

Thanks a lot, Kat. Your blog is wonderful showing the joys of parenthood through the innocence of your kids which I can very well relate to. ;-)

• BeingMama says:

Thanks, Malou. Your blog is beautiful! We are currently working on a difficult jigsaw puzzle of tulip fields so I will bring my son here to see your lovely photos and the photos of Tuscany. Lovely rolling hills and vineyards, and a beautiful princess to enjoy it all. :)

49. Here in the US, Oregon is the place for tulips. When I lived there I spent as much time as I could in the tulip fields. The color and the lines were irresistible. I understand why you love them so much. :)

Wow! That’s nice that you have tulip fields to go to there, Jennifer. I love these flower fields and can spend hours taking pictures. ;-)

50. Lisa Maria says:

Thank you for following my blog.
    Your pictures in the tulip fields are beautiful. Unfortunately, when I visited, the fields were already harvested and I got to see them only in Keukenhof.

51. Waoh~ love the flower fields, I really hope Adelaide has some too! I’ve never seen a flower field yet, and tulip as well. Great pictures~

Also, thank you for following my blog. Hope I don’t bored you.

52. Hello Malou. I went up north to see the tulip fields (as you suggested) and had a wonderful time. The ‘harvest’ had removed most of the blooms but there were still plenty to see. In addition I went to Kreukenhof where there were many varieties but most blemished and clearly nearing the end of the season. Thanks for your help with planning.

Mid-April is the best time to see Keukenhof and the flower fields. We also went to the flower fields on 30 April and were just in time because the farmers were already about to cut off the flowers. ;-)

53. oh my gosh i am addicted to looking at the pictures here. I love the orange tulips, they’re totally mesmerizing and it’s got me hooked – I want to visit now!!!

54. Love the colors – I’m from Holland, Michigan where the tulips bloom every May…living in the desert in Phoenix, Arizona for the last 30 years…NEVER loose my love of tulips…always remind me of home! So thank you!!!

Thanks a lot. I’m sure that the desert of Arizona has its own charm. Been to your part of the world once and would love to come back again in the future. Glad to know that tulips remind you of home. ;-)

55. Cecilia says:

Oh my these pictures are just lovely! I just can’t get enough from looking at them. Thanks for sharing! Now I really need to visit Holland during the tulip season! :)

56. judithornot says:

Especially love the tree photos!