Nature-tripping at Pelagaccio

Busy bee in action

Apologies for the long absence on my blog. Busy times on both the home and work fronts leave me with hardly any time to sit in front of the pc these days. My husband have to work a great deal of time these days in Belgium so I had to cope with many shared parenting duties single-handedly.

I bring you back to Tuscany which I still remember with so much fondness. The days when we were not out sightseeing were spent lazily by the pool or in my case, indulging in nature-tripping. I love observing the many butterflies and bees out there which are busy hopping among the lavender blooms. The various flowers and ripening fruits also find their way into my camera as well as the simple sight of the Tuscan landscape.

I miss those days under the warm Tuscan sun and the simple pleasures of lunch with bruschettas downed with chilled Italian white wine to the dinner of grilled chicken and beef. The little girl misses the long days of playing under the sun and into the night together with her new friends.

Pale yellow Tuscan roses

Red Tuscan roses

Tangerine Tuscan rose

Butterfly on lavender blooms

Busy bee

Busy bee

Another sort of nectar sucker

A dragonfly

Butterfly on lavender blooms

Butterfly with wings wide open

Busy bee

Bare Tuscan hills after the wheat harvest

Bare Tuscan hills after the wheat harvest

Yellow blooms against the blue sky

Ripening fruits

Ripening fruits

Ripening fruits

Bruschettas

Bruschetta topping – chopped ripe tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley

Chilled white wine to down the lovely bruschettas = perfect lunch

The Grill Master

Grilling T-bone steak marinated in finely chopped garlic and rosemary together with salt, pepper and olive oil

Grilled chicken and T-bone steak

Fun on the swing

Fun with friends

129 Responses to Nature-tripping at Pelagaccio

1. Lovely photos. Did I tell you I gave you the Inspiring Blogger Award? http://cyclingrandma.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/inspiring-blog-award/

2. So very beautiful, Malou, and well-worth the short wait!

Beautiful photos, love the nectar suckers!

4. RDoug says:

Beautiful photography yet once again, Malou. Great macro work in this case.

5. silvachiqa says:

Your bog is very beautiful and inspirational, Cheers!

6. Sigh . . . what a beautiful blog. Makes me want to be there.

7. You’ve taken some stunning insect shots here!

Great pictures Malou, I see that you’re living a busy but rewarding life. You have a beautiful family and are always surrounded by beautiful things! G-d bless you! :)

9. Your photographs are incredible. What kind of camera do you have? I just returned from Costa Rica which is the greenest place I have ever seen, even greener than Thailand which I had thought was impossible.

Thanks a lot, Juliana. I am using an old Nikon D60. I’ve heard so much positive things about Costa Rica. Never been there but hope to see that part of the world someday. ;-)

10. Hi Malou .. such magnificent photos! Is that a little hummingbird in one of them? And I see broom .. is broom an invasive weed in Tuscany? Beautiful yellow flowers, though! And the food looks so delicious ….

11. Hi Malou- Great pix as always.
    Love the expression of your daughter’s face on the swing. Weeeeeeeeeeee…

12. Lovely post again! :)

Great to have you, the flowers and all the small bugs back.
    My favorite is the nectar sucking bug and the last busy bee … how can you manage to catch them with your camera and so clear. Have tried to many times, but they just fly from flower to flower the whole time. You have so much talent.

Thanks a lot, Viveka. To catch these insects with my camera, I use the sport setting for less blur. Patience is also another thing handy to have. ;-)

14. Don says:

We’ve missed you Malou. Lovely pics. Really enjoyed them.

Thanks a lot, Don. Just too busy these days because the holidays are coming. Work is doubly stressful and then there’s my husband having to work half the time in Belgium. ;-)

15. bilafond says:

Welcome back Malou :-)

16. bilafond says:

Great pictures and I liked all of them

17. Wow amazing photos, I especially love the ones of the butterflies! Fantastic!

18. Gilly Gee says:

Lovely post Malou, your butterfly on the lavender is superb and I love the simple fresh food :-)

19. Jane says:

I was wondering how you were doing! It is fun to look back on fun times when life gets busy!

20. Great insect shots, Malou! The one that looks like a hummingbird is a hummingbird moth, a type of sphinx moth. I love watching them feed…

Thanks a lot for this wonderful information, Karen. I was amazed to see this hummingbird moth while they feed on those nectar from the lavender blooms. ;-)

21. I can’t express enough how much I enjoyed this photo blog! Your pictures are lovely and I hope to see this part of the world one day. :) Thank you for sharing this wonderful post!

22. That was a beautiful red Tuscan rose! Also, the grill master is great at grilling steak. I could reach right through the computer screen and eat it all!!!!

Thanks a lot, Kelli. He loves the task of grilling and of course, eating. Give him a very cold beer to go and he’s a very happy man. ;-)

23. how heavenly!! wish I were there eating all the great food and taking in the beauty. So great that you can share this with us.

24. dorannrule says:

The butterfly photo is my favorite this time,but they are all superb as always!

25. Amy says:

Glad you are back, Malou! Beautiful pictures, as always!

26. EllaDee says:

I miss you being in Tuscany also. Thank you for sharing your own missing it. I also take photos of flowers to remember somewhere I’ve been but your insects & butterflies are wonderful too. So small but intricate & detailed. Great images.

Thanks a lot, EllaDee. I’d love to go back there someday. I miss the wonderful sunny days, the food, the nature, the general atmosphere. ;-)

27. rumpydog says:

Welcome back! I think you’ve made me long for Tuscany and I’ve never been there.

28. Your photos are beautiful! I want to pack my bag right now and jump on a plane…

29. NativeNM says:

I second what everyone else said. Very beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing

30. Beautiful photos as always.

31. Jean Monique says:

Very lovely pictures! :)

32. Shutterbug Sage says:

I LOVE the butterfly and lavender pics. Plus the latter shots made my tummy growl. Delish!

33. Those butterfly photos are absolutely stunning!

34. ruthkeys says:

Amazing pictures! The butterfly on the lavender is so beautiful.

35. JennyO says:

I love the action shots of the insects! And of course the tasty food fotos!

36. I always love your photos! So beautiful!

37. wvfarm2u says:

Your ability to get such wonderful close up photos amazes me!!

Thanks a lot. Watching those insects simply takes my breath away and I’m glad that my camera can capture those moments. ;-)

38. As always, stunning photos! Thank you for brightening my day.

39. zelmare says:

Lovely pictures. It sound as if you have wonderful memories. :)

40. ShimonZ says:

A beautiful set of pictures. Each one had something to say. I lingered longest, looking at the butterfly.

Thanks a lot, Shimon. Those butterflies really fascinate especially up close and personal. I’ve taken so many pictures of them for that reason. ;-)

41. Beautiful fotos, thank you for sharing these!

42. janinevasta says:

Ciao Malou! No one does nature tripping like you! I love your version of Italy! Jxx

43. Amazing photos!
    I can relate to those busy momma days, so hang in there.

44. Shez says:

Beautiful photos. Your beautiful little one is getting so big! :D

45. lanceleuven says:

Wow, fantastic pictures.

46. snydeen says:

Wow. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Glad you’re back! : )

Great photos, as always. The daughter looks like she’s having a blast!

48. No Apologies please! I think there should be some summer blog pact that people can only post once a week. I can’t keep up!
    Lovely images…

The month before the big summer break is always stressful. Deadlines to meet suddenly become the norm. Then there’s school also coming to an end and there are plenty of activities there too. Glad to know that you understand. ;-)

49. QueridaJ says:

Hello, just wanted you to know that your work is much appreciated!! =) I have nominated you for the “One Lovely Blog Award”, please see details here:

50. I love the first butterfly picture! It’s so amazing! No apologies on your absence. I have one myself and it seems to be going around since I’ve been reading other bloggers say the same thing. Good luck on the single-handed parenting duties! That’s a tough one :)
    Ashley

51. Your photos are amazing Malou! Incredible how you catch life’s beautiful moments!
    Thank you!

52. chrisstov says:

Fantastic shots of those butterflies.

53. The bruschetta is so enticing. I will have to grill some tonight! Thanks for sharing another beautiful adventure :)

54. kolkatakev says:

Great come-back, well done…

55. I’m glad you’re back. I love to eat! Gotta get on the treadmill to stomp on the cravings. Take care.

56. Dave says:

You really have a love affair going with nature, Malou. It is delightful to watch!

57. Welcome back Malou! I was wondering where you had disappeared to! Terrific shots, as always!

Thanks a lot, Alisa. I’m still here, just too busy these days. Work, single-parenting on days that the hubby is in Belgium. ;-)

58. The bee shots were really amazing! Thank you for sharing another beautiful day with your family :)

59. The picture of “another sort of nectar sucker” is of a “hummingbird moth”
    Beautiful photos all!

60. Ingrid says:

Absolutely beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing :-)

61. jelillie says:

Beautiful pictures Malou! I think my favorite is the tangerine Tuscan rose. I would love to add that to my own rose collection!

62. hodamaymay says:

I have been following your blog for a while and really enjoy reading it. That’s why I’d like to nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award. For the rules of accepting the award, check out my blog post:http://hodamaymay.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/i-am-nominated-for-versitile-blogger-award/ or http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/. Congrats!

63. Love the insect photos!

64. lynnwyvill says:

These pictures are gorgeous, especially of the food! I’m going to try grilling steak with rosemary and garlic. It looks fabulous. Thanks for the “like” and the follow on my blog. Can’t wait to see more of your wonderful photography.

65. You take such marvelous photos – love the insect theme this time! That dragonfly…and those butterflies…wonderful! And I could almost smell the roses and taste the steak!!!

66. beautiful photography! and lovely creatures :]

67. Bams Triwoko says:

Great pictures as always… :)

68. zannfauz says:

I really enjoy the photos. Especially the macro photos of the butterflies! It was beautifully taken. I am glad you shared these photos with us.
    P.s. Your little daughter is adorable!

69. Tina Liu says: