Holiday at last

20120709-180025.jpg

After leaving a very wet Holland, we arrived in Normandy for an overnight stay in this lovely chateau just outside Alencon. Wonderful experience!

47 Responses to Holiday at last

1. Love Normandy! A wonderful place to visit with family.

wow, fancy!

3. It looks beautiful. My daughter was visiting the seashore of the Netherlands with her host family from Germany. They stayed in a castle turned hostel. That looked beautiful, too.

4. wvfarm2u says:

I trust you will tell us all about it!!!

5. Don says:

Just been following the Tour de France and its been marvellous seeing all those beautiful chateaus. This one looks wonderful and must have been quite something to stay in it. Look forward to your posts on the holiday.

6. newsferret says:

Looks absolutely enchanting – bezonders leuk!

7. That room looks so comfy and inviting!!

8. RoSy says:

Wow – Niiice!

9. Amy says:

Normandy is beautiful. Thank you for posting the beautiful chateau you visited!

10. Heather says:

Gorgeous! Looking forward to hearing more about it!

11. Jane says:

Looks gorgeous …

12. How beautiful! Please share the deets!!!

13. EllaDee says:

Ooh la la. Magnifique ;)

14. P. Graham says:

This place looks absolutely gorgeous! I hope to visit a place like that soon. Probably by next year. Thanks for sharing!!

15. Looking forward to seeing some French feasting abroad. How delightful, I’m sure you and family are enjoying your summer!

16. Just lovely! You always share such beautiful images!

17. janinevasta says:

That’s the life Malou! Enjoy. Travel and holidays are the spice of life. jx

18. Lucky lady! What a lovely vacation home. Drink in the gorgeous country, and my all means–have a baguette and brie for this girl. :)

19. dorannrule says:

A truly lovely spot Malou! Elegant.

20. valery avana says:

Hi Malou. Thank u that i came across ur blog!Im ur kababayan but Im living in Germany.keep bloggin’.i love it..very informative and helpful.we’re going to tuscany next week,now i know what to expect when we get to florence…thanks!

21. jelillie says:

I was in Holland from June 18th until June 28th. We had wind and rain and it never got above 70. I had such a wonderful time visiting because it kept me out of the excruciating heat New England was having!

22. Holland is my ancestral homeland would love to visit there one day. A friend of mine was just at the Bierkreek Rose Festival and also visited The Hauge rose trials.

23. Meenakshi says:

I love those large lovely windows and the cozy drawing room. Good to see you, Malou!!

24. ShimonZ says:

Best wishes for a very happy vacation.

25. Ooo gorgeous! Love that window picture :)

26. Hi! I’ve nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award http://wp.me/p27eXb-8p Best Wishes!

27. 'liya says:

Very nice! Like the inviting living room!

Hi Malou, I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award, hope all is well there!

29. Normandy is gorgeous isn’t it, do hope you are enjoying your holiday. (Nasty WP has not kept me updated of your posts so I have had to a manual look for all the blogs I follow)

30. Wow! That’s beyond gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Z

31. danbalva says:

Awesome photos! Holland is definitely on my list of places I would like to travel to, and Normandy would be pretty cool too. And I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Congratulations on this much deserved award!! http://hurdlestohappiness.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/one-lovely-blog-award/

32. Beautiful! I hope you have a nice, relaxing holiday.

33. earthdrifter says:

Dutch bread. How yummy and fresh. They just don’t make it like that in the states.

34. lily says:

A lovely, delicious, and happy trip as always! Thank you for sharing, Malou! Wishing you and your family much joy. ~ Lily

35. Christina says:

Hi Malou,
    I just nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award because I love you beautiful photos and your writing about your travels and your experiences. Please let me know if you accept. I hope you do.
    Wishing you every blessing,
    Christina

36. mamadou says:

Beautiful photos and write up.
    Thanks Malu

I just love wonderful expensive hotels ….. indulgence. Looks fantastic. What a start on a great holiday.

38. zelmare says:

Aren’t you a lucky lady! Wow…beautiful. :)

39. Sartenada says: