Images from Keukenhof — part 1

Our family in Keukenhof

Our family in Keukenhof

After a bit of absence from this space, I am back with some colorful spring pictures from our trip to Keukenhof last Sunday. Weather was fantastic with lots of sunshine, blue skies and pleasantly warm temperature. Spring has finally arrived after the long wait!

We were there at 11 in the morning but the park was already bursting with visitors from all over the world. Funny enough, it was like being at a UN summit in a park setting.

Perfect time to be at Keukenhof as most of the blooms are already out and at their prettiest. My fingers kept on clicking so this post and the several to follow will be from this one lovely spring outing.

Rows and rows of spring blooms

White blooms

White tulip

White tulip

Fountain

Fountain

108 Responses to Images from Keukenhof — part 1

1. Beautfiful! It’s many years since I’ve been to Keukenhof and wonderful to see it again in your lovely photos.

2. Viveka says:

This is a festival …. that everybody should at least once … should be there for – me too. The other day one of my blogging friends posted about the tulips outside Seattle.
    Fields after fields – all planted in following shades …
    Your photos are always excellent, so I’m not going to mention them this time *smile
    Your little princess are really getting tall – love that white daffodils with the apricot edge. Thanks again for bringing me there …. again. Stunning!

You must come and see this place too, Viveka. It was just so pretty and now is really the perfect time. I took 700 pictures in just a few hours because there was just too much beauty around me. Should have been there a bit earlier to miss the big crowd of later hours.

We will visit the flower fields tomorrow. No tourists there but just occasional visitors like us. It’s like drowning in a sea flowers. ;-)

• Michelle says:

HI Viveka,
      Sorry to jump in on this one- yes i was there at La Conner too (outside of Seattle) and the tulips are lovely!

3. Michelle says:

HI Malou,

I love the first photo where the ice cream on your husband’s hand threatens to drip down! Lovely photos and i love tulips. I see you had a lovely day! :)

4. Wow look at all those wonderful flowers and family! : )

5. Mike Sinnott says:

The Keukenhof in full bloom has always a wow factor. Thanks for those great photos.

6. kiwidutch says:

We haven’t managed to go to the Keukenhof so far this year but did go to look at some of the bulb fields this Monday… LOVE the flowers! and the splash of colour is desperately appreciated after a long cold winter.

You can still go and now is really the best time as most of the tulips are really at their prettiest. Your bulb fields pictures are just as amazing. ;-)

7. The tulips are so beautiful. They don’t grow well here, it’s just too warm for them. Thanks for sharing yours.

Yes, the tulips planted in autumn need to have their frozen rest in winter and wake up in spring. I remember on my first ever trip to Holland, I also bought the bulbs and tried to grow them in the Philippines, simulating the cold weather in the fridge. That didn’t work either. ;-)

8. bebs1 says:

Love the garden! Someday . . .

9. Kitty says:

Oh, my, what a surfeit of beauty! Your daughter is exquisite in these photos, Malou, and yes, how happy she looks! I love her spirit in the “dancing” photo! How did your spirits feel after a day in such color and glorious blooms? Just looking at them, I feel inspired to head out into my little gardens…I may even try twirling and dancing a bit! :) Thank you for another gorgeous post! Joy to your day!

Thank you, Kitty. I was overwhelmed by the incredible beauty around me on such a glorious spring day. I can only be grateful to the One above for letting me experience such a world of delight. ;-)

Such wonderful colors dancing everywhere, and a sweet little lady dancing among the river of colors. Beautiful photography as always, Malou! It is always a pleasure to see a post from you in my inbox!

Thank you, John. The little lady was also carried away by the beautiful surroundings that she thought it was pretty normal to dance around. ;-)

11. I really admire the time and the expense that has been put into these displays – truly heartwarming.
    And white tulips! That’s a new one!
    Wonderful, Malou!

12. Spectacular images, Malou! I especially love the one of Francesca leaning against the large, old tree…she is certainly growing tall! Looks as if you just couldn’t sop clicking…nor would I, with all that splendid beauty everywhere!

Thank you. You are right, it was impossible to stop clicking in such a surrounding. ;-)

• I get that way too, Malou! I walked over to the neighbors’ a few hours ago to photograph their yellow Magnolia…and ended up with over a hundred images in about twenty minutes–they had only a few Tulips, too, but I just went crazy!

13. kentiki says:

Your daughter is so adorable!

14. takoyami says:

Love your daughter and your photos as always!
    I hope someday I would have a chance to visit keukenhof, those flowers are really amazing! :)

15. Michael Zoll says:

Wunderschöne Farben und die Tochter wird immer größer… :-)

Gruß aus Berlin
    Michael

16. KaZ says:

The flowers are so beautiful and vibrant!

17. Awesome spring blossoms… Lovely family!

18. Wow… beautiful flowers. My favorite of your daughter is where she is looking down into the stream… checking out the stream life. That would have been me at her age.

19. Shaikha says:

Wow. This post made me so happy! All the colors, your adorable family, the lovely flowers, the amazing shots. Love it :)

20. Stunning photos Malou – what a beautiful place!!

21. These are so dreamy :) I hope to take tulip pictures like you someday :)

22. The Lu Life says:

Gorgeous colors! Happy spring!!!

23. Purely.. Kay says:

These are such amazing photos. I absolutely love your family vacay photos :).

24. Susan says:

Absolutely BREATHTAKING! Your little girl is adorable :)

25. jane tims says:

Hi! Thanks for sharing all this color. I love the photo of your little girl peering into the stream! Jane

26. RoSy says:

Beautifully magical! :)

27. Absolutely beautiful!

28. Very beautiful photos as always.

29. The Sanguine says:

Been a silent reader and did comment some of the time, but everytime I see your photos, can’t help to mention that you have a great eye for photography. =)
    And and and… Your daughter is so beautiful!!!

30. lazybill says:

This has got me whistling ‘Tulips From Amsterdam’!

31. Lovely place, lovely pictures, lovely family! What an inspiration!

32. chrisstov says:

What a wonderful sight, all lined up with their best blooms ready for inspection by the admiring public.

33. lolaWi says:

love the pictures! you have a beautiful family, Malou!

34. Beautiful flowers and gorgeous little girl! Wonderful pictures :)

35. terrytrekker says:

Amazing pics and beautiful little girl!

36. It’s hard to say which is my favorite photo because they are all so outstanding but I do love the one with your husband & daughter & the ice cream cone. Absolutely gorgeous flowers – it’s almost overwhelming & I can only imagine what it must be like to see them for real.

Thank you, Diane. You must visit Holland in springtime. This is one place that will always be special. I even had a take 2 visit this spring. ;-)

37. Wish I will be there one day like you, Malou. With My family, my husband and my children. You have been inspire me a lot. Thank you Malou

38. austingardener says:

your potos are beautiful. I visited there with my duaghter once. Loved the place

39. Tom says:

Spectacular photos! And with the addition of your lovely daughter, all the better!

40. The beauty and happiness from these photos shine so clearly Malou! Much love to you and your beautiful family. Sharon

41. Marty R. says:

Hi and thank you for reading my blog about Panama City. You have a beautiful blog.

42. Moira says:

Hi Malou, thanks for following my blog, EatBeLive! And thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures of the Keukenhof (and your adorable daughter). Is that a Dutchman you’re married to? I’m married to a Dutchman, but only lived in the Netherlands for one year.

43. Love the pictures of Keukenhof! I like how they really think out the colors and create beautiful patterns with them!

44. Jen says:

Keukenhof is so amazing, and your daughter is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your stunning photos!

45. photobycraig says:

Beautiful images!! Love the colours!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend! :)

46. dawnspitfire says:

Wow wow wow !

Beautiful!

47. dawnspitfire says:

Breathtaking surroundings, beautiful girl….beautiful family!

48. dawnspitfire says:

Reblogged this on and commented:
    Just BEAUTIFUL ♡

49. Liz says:

I was in Keukenhof many years ago, the photos here are so beautiful. memories come flooding back. Thanks for sharing…have a lovely weekend!

50. Lovely ‘fresh’ pictures. Thanks for the like on my own blog. MM

51. terrietez says:

What fabulous photos. it’s a brilliant photo journal of your visit and something to treasure in the future!