Groeneveld Castle in spring

Groeneveld Castle when the sun eventually showed up

Groeneveld Castle when the sun eventually showed up

After a very busy week at work and in between was a work-related one day trip to London that saw me rushing very early to the airport to catch the 08:00 a.m. flight and returning very late in the evening, I just felt the need to unwind with a little walk in nearby Groeneveld Castle. This castle and its grounds are just perfect for a little stroll at this time of the year because the many decades-old rhododendrons are in full bloom.

Groeneveld was just a perfect venue for our little girl’s seemingly boundless energy and enthusiasm for tree-climbing, catching dragonflies and a chasing game with her father.

Everything is so green around Groeneveld Castle

A dragonfly she caught

A dragonfly she caught

Dainty spring bloom

Dainty spring bloom

Father and daughter chasing game

Father and daughter chasing game

Relaxing after the chasing game...

Relaxing after the chasing game…

Francesca atop the remnants of a dead tree trunk

Francesca atop the remnants of a dead tree trunk

The dead tree trunk proved to be a good spring board

The dead tree trunk proved to be a good spring board

Groeneveld Castle just before we left

Groeneveld Castle just before we left

62 Responses to Groeneveld Castle in spring

Very nice pictures Malou! :)

2. Lovely happy photos, all of them! Love the dragonfly pics, fern … everything!

3. Love the tree and here we call those prickly flowers, thistles.

4. Wonderful day trip and sweet sweet family shots! Very much enjoyed!

5. Nice tour today. My kind of home!

6. Pam says:

I especially love the dragonfly and bumblebee picture!

7. Kitty says:

Wonderful photos; the bumblebee heading towards the dragonfly’s flower is stunning! Looks like a lovely day was had by all…hope it restored your spirit and energy, too. Thank you, Malou!

Thank you, Kitty. It was a good little break after these busy days we’re having lately. An escape to nature always works wonders. ;-)

8. cmbanerjee says:

I’d love to have a place like that close by to unwind :) Beautiful pictures! My girls would definitely love to join your daughter climbing those trees.

We’re lucky to have so many choices of lovely places (castles and palaces, lovely gardens and forests) to escape even for just a few hours. I can imagine our girls not wanting the day to end if they will be into climbing trees. ;-)

9. Nina says:

Miss you, Lou. Nice post as always, and your li’l girl is getting taller every time I see a new photo of her. :)

Thank you, Nina. I miss your posts in fb too. My little girl is indeed getting taller and pretty soon, I’ll be the smallest in the family. ;-)

10. Nothing like some family time to recharge and unwind. Beautiful series of photos. Thank you for sharing. My favourite is the dragonfly and bumble bee shot :)

11. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful photos and love the one of your daughter holding the dragonfly!

12. RoSy says:

As always…A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

13. Beautiful photos, Malou, from the tree climbing to the dragonfly catching! I especially love the photo of your daughter and husband in front of the tall tree, both sweet and beautiful “-)

Thank you. This garden is always a perfect escape on a Sunday afternoon and those tall trees are such wonders to behold for me. ;-)

14. A great entry. Really appreciate some of the photographs.
    Keep going, and keep sharing.

15. chrisstov says:

Some splendid photos of those beautiful trees.

16. Lucid Gypsy says:

A great dragonfly shot Malou!

17. TBM says:

Looks like a wonderful place to relax after a busy week and spend time with loved ones.

18. restlessjo says:

I can feel myself unwinding as I slip through your photos. :)

Wonderful as always … fun, family, beauty and history. You can truly deliver it all. Love the photo with the dragonfly and the humble bee. How did you manage to get that photo. Stunning and entertaining post ago. And little princess she are so beautiful, what an adorable girl and she are so humble with the nature, all thanks to you and your husband.

Thank you, Viveka. Sometimes when you stay long enough to just observe these creatures, you will be in for a little surprise that you can capture them in action.

• viveka says:

You have a magical touch to tell your families story when you have been visit places you all love.
        I’m to slow to get the camera up when I see a butterfly or a bug … and birds even worst.

20. That does look like a perfect unwind kind of place. That looks like the perfect climbing tree that you & Francesca are in. Oh would I love to have one of those in my front yard.

Too idyllic because this place is just a short drive from our place and apart from the castle grounds, there is also a nearby forest for a nice walk. ;-)

21. Your photos are always such a treat Malou! Love the photos of you two in the tree :-)
    Which camera do you use?

22. Beautiful images, beautiful castle, beautiful life. Thanks for sharing.

23. Fabulous place with amazing pictures again Malou!

24. Lim See Yee says:

Hello! Great Post and Pic!
    See this too:http://limseeyee.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/%E2%99%A5inspiration-of-the-day%E2%99%A5-2/

or following me…=)
    Thanks!

25. Sartenada says:

Wow, what a place. Your photos are amazing and they present the place in so inviting way.

26. Absolutely marvelous tour, Malou…love the image of you and Francesca sitting on the bough (like Mother, like Daughter, perhaps?). Your macros are stunning…to catch a dragonfly AND a bee–you’re very quick to see the photo op, aren’t you?!?

Thank you. In many ways, my daughter is a little version of me with our love for climbing trees. It is fun to expose her to some aspect of my childhood rather than just be in front of the TV all the time. Going back to basics by just loving the outdoor is something that we want her to embrace naturally. On that dragonfly and bee shot, I got lucky that day. ;-)

27. Your daughter is lovely and has found the perfect tree for climbing.

28. I understand the challenge of making the critical ice cream decision! Great photos as always.Really like the dragon fly, Malou. –Curt

29. What an enchanting place. Great work with your camera. It has captured the tranquillity of the place so well. I particularly liked the photo of your daughter with the dragonfly.She’s charming.:-)

30. I find it always such a lovely escape when I visit you here, Malou.. the photos are always so lush and gorgeous.. it makes me want to travel to see all the places you’ve been. Was that tree a ficus (spelling?) tree? We saw one in Italy that was huge like that.. your photo with your daughter sure shows the scale of it! Lovely lovely respite for me today!xx

31. Beautiful photos as always, Malou! Thank you for sharing! Your daughter is very brave to put a dragonfly in her hand. As a young girl, I was always scared of bugs . . . still am actually!

32. sethsnap says:

Beautiful photos.

33. I like the one of the bee coming up behind the damselfly! Thank you for another lovely afternoon break. :o)